We are a leading international healthcare business of inter-connected people and brands with a global range of products delivering outstanding value. From its origins in the UK over 20 years ago, Alliance has grown to become a significant international healthcare group.
We employ over 250 people, located in nine offices around the globe. Our international presence is further enhanced by an extensive network of distributors enabling us to serve customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. We have a successful business with a strong collaborative culture, and we recognize that our relevance and value is in how we work together.
We are now recruiting for a Category and Insights Analyst for our North America office located in Cary, North Carolina to join our alliance of people, brands, and partners.
The range of duties for this position includes analytics, reporting, performance evaluations, market insights, and industry trends. Responsible for the measurement and analysis of category and brand performance, correlation with marketing activities and the sales results they are driving across all strategic channels and digital platforms. Working closely with the marketing and sales teams, and partnering with finance and IT, they establish effective and accurate data to assess key business metrics. They compile and present business insights and analytics and interpret that data to guide organizational strategy and choices.
As the Category and Insights Analyst the key Accountabilities will be:
- Embed a holistic market data driven point of view in all decision making e.g. budgeting, brand planning, sales presentation development, and other marketing projects
- Interpret and synthetize data and information from multiple internal and external sources to identify trends, bring a view of macro forces, and provide insight to optimize our brands’ performance and gain competitive advantage in all areas of 4P (Product, Price, Place, Promotion)
- Develop and maintain a tool to monitor competitive intelligence
- Serve as the go-to within the team for knowledge on category and brand performance as well as the ways in which measurement might be done
- Master the data and sources of all primary marketing and advertising tactics, such as website, e-mail, social media, direct mail, search, survey, POS to recommend appropriate integration into decision-making
- Evaluate and document current data and information sources and tools, build on them and recommend new ones as needed; serve as the point of contact for data licenses and tool trainer within the team
- Collaborate with IT to build a tool for effective and long-term brand and category reporting
- Drive your point of view across with simple, yet impactful visualization of data / information
Minimum 4 years of recent successful track record in market data and insight, data analysis or related role
- Highly desktop software proficient and data manipulation savvy. Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills required
- Experience analyzing large and disparate sets of data and simplifying observations into presentation for peer and senior teams
- Passion for product marketing and sales, a strong interest in technology, strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable recommending visualization methods and creating dashboard tools
- Experience with data analytics and modelling platforms (Power BI a plus) to generate actionable insights
- Strong analytical skills in hypothesis generation and data correlation identification
- Familiarity with financial and marketing principles and data sets (particularly helpful to have experience with POS retail data, media and advertising metrics)
If you want the opportunity to join a progressive, people-centered, global organization where real values are at the heart of everything we do, then submit your resume online. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a superb office environment and fantastic team to work with.
Genuine candidates only, NO AGENCIES please. We will be processing all applications as quickly as possible, If you have not received a response, you have not been progressed to the first stage of interviews. Unfortunately, due to high response rates we are unable to respond directly to each candidate, however, we would like to thank you for your interest in working with Alliance.