We are hiring an Innovation Project Manager to drive product innovation and commercial projects within our North American business. As a key member of a small team, you will have responsibility for driving short- and long-term growth projects to fruition, integrally supporting bringing scientifically valuable consumer healthcare products to consumers. Join our team at a pivotal period when innovation process and capability are being built as a global core competency to support our fast-growing brands, including Amberen and Vamousse.
- Work closely with the North American Marketing team throughout innovation pipeline development, concept testing, project selection, and prioritization.
- Prepare business cases for new commercial opportunities and manage proposals through the global gate approval processes working collaboratively with the Global Innovation, Research and Development, and Development & Technical teams.
- Lead approved projects through successful implementation. Clearly define, manage, and control project scope, requirements, and timelines. Build project schedules, lead team meetings, provide direction to teams and model collaboration, assign tasks, and proactively identify and lead problem solving of risks.
- Communicate project status and issues, delivering presentations to management and cross-functional teams to drive alignment to change requests and issue resolution.
- Work closely with Global Innovation, R&D, and New Product Introduction teams to support the continuous improvement of gate and review processes. Represent North America regional needs for successful innovation delivery and operational efficiency.
- Serve as the project management expert within the North American team to lead operational projects beyond product innovation as needed to drive business growth.
- Develop a framework for the tracking and management of projects within the North America region working with the leadership team to support communication and prioritization. Apply experience in product innovation to design templates and standardize approaches to projects for more consistent results.
- Apply (and share with team members) project management best practices.
- Project Management: exemplary project management capabilities to organize and drive projects with consistent approaches designed to control outcomes and complete objectives successfully
- Adaptability: adapt to changing environments and overcome challenges; feel comfortable working with a certain degree of ambiguity and in a fast-paced, fluid and developing environment
- Creativity: balance best practice process with issues as they arise to lead with entrepreneurship to successful project completion
- Analytical Thinking: able to assess complex situations to identify issues and present recommendations
- Organization: able to independently balance multiple projects of varying complexity with competing priorities.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: team leadership, partnership, and communication across a diverse team globally
- Strong innovation and entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrated through being a self-starter
- Minimum 5 years' experience in program/project management roles within CPG
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus
- Certification or formal training in Project Management a plus
- OTC consumer healthcare products experience, preferably with regulated products
- Mastery of stage gate structure and related PM tools (e.g., strategic frameworks, change management, dependency management and risk management)
- Track record of successfully bringing projects from idea to delivery, including new product launch, packaging updates, and new market introduction
- Broad knowledge of how a consumer products company operates within the context of US brick + mortar and e-commerce commercialization
- Demonstrated knowledge of P&L statements, budgeting and forecasting
- Foundational knowledge of consumer and concept testing methodologies
- Highly proficient in software systems, including Microsoft Office, MS Project (and/or other project tracking and collaboration tools), data manipulation, and presentation development