We are a leading international healthcare business of inter-connected people and brands with a global range of products delivering outstanding value. From its origins in the UK 20 years ago, Alliance has grown to become a significant international healthcare group.
We employ over 200 people, located in eleven offices around the globe, this includes our two offices in Cary, North Carolina and Los Angeles, California. Our international presence is further enhanced by an extensive network of distributors enabling us to serve customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. We have a successful business with a strong collaborative culture, and we recognize that our relevance and value is in how we work together. Our UK business has just been recognized as a Great Place To Work®
We are now recruiting for a new Desktop Support Analyst in Cary, NC, to join our alliance of people, brands and partners working together, as one team, to achieve more for patients and consumers, healthcare providers, business partners and investors.
As the Desktop Support Analyst, you will:
- Troubleshoot local infrastructure, endpoint hardware and software issues, fulfil requests and assist with problem resolution while providing guidance and training to relevant stakeholders
- Resolution of user support tickets for the local office as well as assisting with the progress and resolution of all tickets globally
- To maintain endpoint and infrastructure health, security, and performance, by identifying problems and responding to any suspicious activity ·
- To perform day-to-day local administration tasks and compile/update knowledgebase articles to assist the UK User Support team with the resolution of common issues both for local support as well as globally
- To participate in various IT projects and activities to assist with design, setup and deployment of new systems and services, carry out changes to resolve existing problems and improve infrastructure resilience and security
- To maintain and continually improve Microsoft Office applications including developing SharePoint sites for both IT and the wider business
- Imaging of local laptops and the creation and modification of local user accounts ·
- Utilize the ITSM tool to monitor and communicate the progress of service requests and incidents with local end users. Primarily working on local tickets, but where time allows to provide assistance with tickets globally
- Assist with the deployment of new systems and promote effective adoption in the local office
- Previous experience of 3 years in a 1st and 2nd line technical support
- Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Office Suite) · Exchange Server 2016
- Experience working under change control in an ITIL environment.
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
- Experience supporting Office 365 with SharePoint.
- Experience of using a service desk ticketing system.
- Broad range of exposure to various systems and applications.
- Experience in mobile device management.
- Experience of working within a regulated industry such as life-science consumer healthcare or pharmaceuticals.
- Experience supporting Veeam backups.
- Good Communication Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Range of networking skills - DNS / DHCP / TCP-IP.
- Fluent in English and comfortable using written communication in English.
- Participating in, and contributing to, the ongoing development of infrastructure operations and development standards
- Qualification or certification in IT field (e.g. CompTIA, MCSA)
- Demonstrable network installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience
- Experience of Veeam or other backup solutions
- Firewall configuration and management (NAT, Firewall, Web, Filter, VPN) · Windows Server 2012 – 2019
- Teams/SIP/PSTN Experience
- Azure Fundamentals
- Infrastructure hardening and security risk management
- vSphere 6.7
If you want the opportunity to join a progressive, people centered, global organization where real values are at the heart of everything we do, then submit your resume via the apply button. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a superb office environment and fantastic team to work with.
Genuine candidates only, NO AGENCIES please. We will be processing all applications as quickly as possible, unfortunately, due to high response rates we are unable to respond directly to each candidate, however, we would like to thank you for your interest in working with Alliance.