Reporting to: Head of Medical
Hours of work: This is a full time post but we welcome questions regarding flexible working options and are happy to consider for the right candidate. Benefits: Competitive salary and car allowance. Company Bonus and Share option scheme. Flexible working hours. Private Health, generous pension scheme, Life cover x4. 25 days holiday with the option to purchase up to 10 more. Being part of a people centric, positive culture with strong corporate values.
Overview of the role: This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the ongoing and future success of the business by providing insightful and balanced medical input into commercial decision making. This role will manage a small but very talented and dedicated team and be an integral part of our thriving organisation.
The role includes the following key accountabilities:
- Responsible for the management of systems and processes including but not limited to relevant therapeutic areas, Codes of Practice, the sales force, other company personnel and where applicable to customers and other external stakeholders.
- Organise clinical research activities to assist in the development of marketed products, where required.
- Responsible and accountable for the maintenance and QC of product information reviewed within Medical Affairs.
- Responsible, and may be accountable, for projects. Responsible for due diligence relating to products/portfolio of products, and support corporate acquisitions from a Medical Affairs perspective.
- Responsible for Departmental QMS by providing medical advice or input into the creation of procedures governed by GxP, other regulations or legislation, and at a personal level to comply with all procedures relevant to the role. Holds personal liability i.e. nominated medical signatory within our approval mechanism.
- Responsible for ongoing training and professional development activities in order to fulfil departmental goals and objectives. Responsible, and may be accountable, for the training of others which may include mentoring.
- Act to develop, maintain and optimise relationships with internal & external customers by establishing and maintaining good relationships with relevant Key Opinion Leaders, Advisory Board members and investigators and, where applicable, present tailored clinical data packages in connection with marketing programmes or clinical development opportunities.
- Technical expertise, may also have an advisory role by contributing to and the review/sign off of medical information enquiries, promotional and non-promotional materials and activities. Contribute to the development of effective promotional campaigns and materials that give competitive differentiation to our brands by providing medical advice and support; to ensure compliance with all applicable promotional Codes and medicines regulations.
- Optimise and influence changes to internal/external environment, contribute to stakeholder consultation including but not limited to representing Alliance’s interests with government agencies, industry associations or other external organisations. Provide medical advice to the development and implementation of scientific, clinical, regulatory and health economics strategies for our products or development projects.
- Advise business to meet its needs (immediate & future). May represent function to meet business needs.
- Responsible for strategic input to meet corporate needs by providing the appropriate level of medical advice on product, commercial or strategic issues, both within Scientific Affairs & Operations and throughout the rest of the Organisation.
- Deputise for Head of Medical.