We are a leading international healthcare business of inter-connected people and brands with a global range of products delivering outstanding value. From its origins in the UK 20 years ago, Alliance has grown to become a significant international healthcare group.
We employ over 200 people, located in Eleven offices around the globe. Our international presence is further enhanced by an extensive network of distributors enabling us to serve customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. We have a successful business with a strong collaborative culture and we recognize that our relevance and value is in how we work together. Our UK business has just been recognized as a Great Place To Work®
We are now recruiting for a new Staff Accountant to join our Cary office-based team working together, to achieve more for patients, healthcare providers, business partners and investors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Enters information into accounting data entry system.
- Communicates with brokers, customers and vendors regarding retail purchase orders tracking, invoices, audits and other related matters.
- Assists with month-end close reports
- Assists with yearly finance audits.
- Runs monthly and yearly cash flow, inventory and budget projections reports as required.
- Prepares and posts deposits; balances deposits on bank statements.
- Prepares invoices, checks, schedules payments and other records and reviews for accuracy before sending for approval.
- Interfaces with appropriate personnel and managers to exchange information and update account records.
- Maintains accounts payable and accounts receivable files and records.
- Responds to vendor and employee inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; assists with discrepancy reconciliation.
- Researches and handles chargeback disputes and interfaces with appropriate vendors.
- Setup Operating Procedures for New Acquisitions.
- Assists with related special projects as needed.
- BA (Accounting, Finance or Business Administration) or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office and Quickbooks preferred.
- Proficient on Microsoft D365 preferred but not required.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork--Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Welcomes feedback;
- Diversity--Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences;
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values;
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently Continually required to talk or hear
If you want the opportunity to join a progressive, people centered, global organization where real values are at the heart of everything we do then submit your Resume via the apply button. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a superb office environment and fantastic team to work with!
Genuine candidates only, NO AGENCIES please. We will be processing all applications as quickly as possible, If you have not received a response by Sep 9th 2021, you have not been progressed to the first stage of interviews. Unfortunately, due to high response rates we are unable to respond directly to each candidate, however, we would like thank you for your interest in working with Alliance.